- This event has passed.
Constituents or Contaminant? Comprehensive Analysis of Cannabis Seminars
October 30, 2018 @ 8:00 am - November 29, 2018 @ 2:30 pm
Seminars held coast to coast beginning 10/30/18 in Orlando, FL and ending in Beverly, MA on 11/29/18.
The analysis of Cannabis covers a range of analytical techniques and the laboratory requirements for its testing are both dynamic and increasing in complexity. From basic label claim information to low-detection limit mass spectrometric characterization of endogenous as well as exogenous compounds in a complex matrix molecules, this work presents a number of analytical challenges. Increasingly stringent regulations demand high quality results, laboratory proficiency testing, and a high-level of data management from seed to final product. Finally, Cannabis samples, flower, oil, and edibles vary widely in composition. These factors lead to the need to evaluate and deploy different analytical workflows that utilize various combinations of mass spectrometry, sample preparation, chromatographic techniques, ionization types and informatics tools.
Join us for a day of discussion and learning to discuss analytical solutions for high-performance mass spectrometry, separations, sample preparation, and laboratory quality.
Who Should Attend:
- Current Food Testing Laboratory personnel interested in learning more about the Cannabis-testing space
- Entrepreneurs investigating the requirements of future Cannabis testing opportunities
- Current and future producers interested in learning about the regulatory framework used in other states and countries
- Current Cannabis testing companies looking to expand technology or capabilities or better understand quality systems
Dates & Locations:
(agenda runs from 8:00am – 2:30pm)
- October 30, 2018 | Orlando, FL | Register
- November 6, 2018 | Portland, OR | Register
- November 7, 2018 | Los Angeles, CA | Register
- November 8, 2018 | San Diego, CA | Register
- November 13, 2018 | Ann Arbor, MI | Register
- November 14, 2018 | Columbus, OH | Register
- November 15, 2018 | Harrisburg, PA | Register
- November 27, 2018 | Columbia, MD | Register
- November 28, 2018 | Parsippany, NJ | Register
- November 29, 2018 | Beverly, MA | Register
Seminar Topics include:
- Discuss high-level cannabis laboratory requirement with industry leading laboratory scientists
- Learn about the role that high-performance mass spectrometry plays in the field of Cannabis analysis
- Sample Preparation methods for Cannabis analysis including Quechers and SPE
- Discussion of Quality frameworks for informatics and proficiency testing that may be required for regulatory compliance efforts
- Data Analysis: Introduction to workflows that help researchers confidently characterize botanicals, identify components, and define nutritional properties with greater automation, efficiency, and accuracy
- Case studies from current Cannabis laboratories