The Cannabis Trade Federation today announced a membership program geared towards fulfilling its mission to be a professional organization that represents the interests of all elements of the industry and delivering on its promise of professionalism, diversity and unity.
CBE Caught up with Neal Levine, CEO of CTF, for a better understanding of the membership program.
Neal congratulations on your successful creation of CTF, who can join CTF and do you have any requirements?
Levine: Anyone who agrees to abide by our ethics policy may join CTF.
CBE: Will CTF have committees if so what topics will they cover?
Levine: Yes. We currently have several official committees of the board. They are:
- Organizational Intake Committee
- Ethics Committee
- Bylaw Committee
- Diversity Committee
- Membership Committee
- Social Impact Committee
Now that we are rolling out our full membership structure, as the organization grows we will create and fill non-board level committees, based on need and per the guidance of our membership.
CBE: When will CTF announce Committees/Who can participate in committees are there any fees?
Levine: Committees of the Board are open to all directors. All dues paying members of CTF are eligible to serve on any non-board level committee once they are formed.
CBE: Who can run for the CTF board, what are the terms and are there any fees?
Levine: Any member may run for the board. The fees tier by revenue for the Shareholder and Pioneer level. Individual memberships are free.
The newly announced program offers 5 levels of membership (full tiers/pricing can be found here.) Below is a summary for those interested in joining.
1.) INDIVIDUAL: Free
2.) SHAREHOLDER: Membership Fee based on Revenue (Annual OR Quarterly Fee
<$2,000,000 $1,000 or $300
$2,000,001 to $20,000,000 $2,500 or $750
$20,000,001 to $50,000,000 $5,000 or $1,500
$50,000,001+ $10,000 or $3,000
3.) PIONEER: Annual Membership Fee based on Revenue (Annual OR Quarterly Fee)
<$20,000,000 ($10,000 or $3,000)
$20,000,001 to $50,000,000 ($25,000 or $7,500)
$50,000,001+ ($50,000 or $15,000)
4.) TITAN: $100,000 annually OR $30,000 quarterly
5.) LEADER: $250,000 annually
Current CTF Member Benefits Items include (but will increase as organization continues its staffing & growth)
- CTF Founding Member Electronic Logo: Earned for Levels 1-5
- CTF Membership discount card (Available 07/01/19): Earned for Levels 1-5
- Full membership in the trade association, which includes the ability to serve on committees and shared member benefits as they roll out: Earned for levels 2-5
- CTF Founding Member signage for your business: Earned for levels 2-5
- Invitations to key political events and receptions: Earned for levels 2-5
- Invite-only federal lobbying update calls: Earned for levels 3-5
- Exclusive invite to annual high-value CTF policy and networking retreat: Earned for levels 3-5
- Exclusive invite to CEO’s and business owners to participate in CTF Washington D.C. fly-ins to meet with Members of Congress and their top staff: Earned for level 3-5
- Eligibility to have Members of Congress, their top staff, and other high-ranking elected officials tour your business: Earned for level 3-5
- Direct access to the federal lobbying team: Earned for level 4-5
- Priority tour destination for members of Congress, their top staff, and other high-ranking elected officials: Earned for level 4-5
- May attend all meetings of trade association Board of Directors during open session.: Earned for levels 4-5
- Your business will be promoted as a sponsor in every event we host for a year: Earned for level 5
In Case You Missed It